Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Excel or Go into Extinction!

  1. "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle.

    The Oxford Advanced Learner's dictionary meaning of excellence, stuck in my brain since I checked it over ten years ago,( if my memory serves me right, and I trust God it does) states: the quality of being extremely good. Good definition! I have however come with my own definition of excellence. Here it is: It is a state of never ending improvement in order to become the best, not as compared to other people, but as compared to your own inner potentials deposited within you. (comparing what you are to what you could be, and striving to become better and better, daily, until you become the BEST, when who you are matches who you could be- and that is never ending!)

    Our competition for Excellence, then, is not with others but with our own selves! Outer self competing with the inner self! You excel your previous performances, daily. When you would have done this consistently, that is to have attained excellence.

    As for the great potentials deposited within each of us to daily compare ourselves with, as we daily strive to attain excellence, I bring to you the words of Orison Swett Marden: "Deep within man dwell those slumbering powers; powers that would astonish him, that he never dreamed of possessing; forces that would revolutionize his life, if aroused and put into action."

    Let's say Hello to Excellence!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment